What you'll need:
- Small amounts of scrap fabric for the backing, e.g. cotton or jersey – any scraps of fabric from clothing that cannot be donated
- Small amounts of soft fabric for the cleansing pad side, e.g. towelling – such as old towels or flannel
- Cup or glass to use as a template
- Pen and scissors
- Needle and thread or sewing machine
- Draw around your cup template on the reverse of your backing fabric and cut out.
- Repeat for the soft fabric.
- Place fabrics right side together and place a pin in the centre to hold in place.
- Backstitch/machine sew around the edge around 4mm from the edge, leaving a 5cm gap.
- Turn your sewing right side out and push out all of the edges from the inside.
- Carefully turn under both edges in the gap to form a neat circle.
- Whip stitch the gap closed and secure your thread.
You may find squares easier to sew on a sewing machine.